Beginning August 5, we will be offering appointments for Nashua Public Library patrons to browse the shelves, check out materials, and use computers. All plans are tentative and subject to change, based on the current COVID-19 numbers and recommendations of the Chickasaw County Public Health Department.
Before calling to schedule an appointment, please read the following:
• To prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone entering the building is highly encouraged to wear a mask. If you, or anyone in your party, choose not to wear a mask or cannot wear a mask, we offer our >No-Contact Curbside Service instead.
- Masks (or a face-covering that completely covers your mouth and nose, such as a bandanna, neck gaiter, scarf etc.) is highly encouraged to be worn the entire time you are in the library.
• A reservation is required for each person in your party: for example, a family of five will need to reserve five spots. (No one under 16 years of age are allowed in library unless accompanied by parent/guardian.)
• If you are late for your appointment, you will have to reschedule for a later time.
• There is a limit of 5 patrons in the library at any given time.
• All browsing and computer appointments have a limit of a half hour; we cannot extend computer sessions longer than a half hour.
• When you arrive for your appointment, please stand at least six feet from others and wait at the door into the library until a staff member checks you in. Follow posted signs and directions.
• Call to schedule an appointment:
Additionally, the following safety measures have been implemented:
• Signage and floor decals are in place to indicate physical distance of at least six feet at service areas.
• All appointments for browsing and computer usage have a half hour time limit. (No exceptions).
• Cleaning will take place by staff after each appointment time block.
• No one under 16 years of age are allowed in library unless accompanied by parent/guardian.
• Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
• Some furniture has been removed. All remaining furniture is separated.
• Only 1 person at each table at a time.
• All toys, games, puzzles, and other playthings have been temporarily removed.
• As you are browsing, please place items you have touched but do not want to check out on the designated table for staff to clean and quarantine before re-shelving.
• Restrooms and the drinking fountain are currently unavailable.
• Computer and device assistance is limited to what is possible from a distance of six feet.
• Hours the library is open: Mon, Tues, Thurs, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. & Wed. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
All plans are subject to change as conditions warrant.
BECAUSE LIBRARIES MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR COMMUNITIES!