Your Library Card
- All residents of the state of Iowa are eligible to register for a library account. Residents of cities not in compliance with Iowa's Open Access agreement are excepted. Library cards will be issued to any resident of the Nashua Public Library service area or Open Access* patrons, age birth or older. To open an account, members must fill out a registration form, and have proof of current address and contact information.
- You may obtain a free library card at the Circulation Desk.
- Loan periods: All books, magazines, and other materials are checked out for two weeks, with two week renewals. DVD's / Blu-Ray's are checked out for three days.
- Holds: May be placed on materials in circulation or on order at the Circulation Desk or by phone.
- Overdues: Each Monday phone calls are made to remind individuals with overdue material to return their library material as soon as possible. Fines are ten cents per day. Exception: fines for overdue DVD's/Blu-Ray's are $1.00 per each title past third day it was due. The total fine charged on an item will never exceed the cost of the item. Accounts should be paid at the Circulation Desk. Replacement cost will be charged for lost or damaged materials.
- Persons holding a current Nashua Public Library card in good standing may check out library materials and use the computers.
- Children are eligible for children's cards from birth through 15 years of age. A parent or guardian must sign the registration card for children.
- Patrons 16 years of age and older will be issued an adult library card.
- Persons with unpaid fines of $5.00 and up on overdue materials will not be permitted to check out additional library materials or use the following services: computers, printer, copier, fax or scanner. Materials may continue to be used in the library, with the exception of use of the listed services.
*Definition- Open Access is a state wide "library card" program. Participating libraries allow any Iowa citizen to check out materials from libraries other than their home library.